Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mother's Day

As much as I am enjoying our adventure in DC, I always miss my kids .... some times more than others. Mother's Day was one of those times. We did talk to or Skype with each of them that day, which was wonderful. But, this being DC, I wanted to do something on Mother's Day that Dan and I hadn't done yet ..... go to the National Zoo.




I thought it might be a good way to spend a nice May afternoon, and perhaps forget for a while how I miss the kids. It didn't work out that way. See what I mean?





"Mom, Mom, feed me! I'm hungry!"






"Aww, Mom, I don't want to go out and get some exercise. I'm too tired."






"I don't want to sit up straight ... I'm comfortable like this."




"Mom Mom, look at this cool fort! How come they won't let me in?"




"I told you you could have a COUPLE of friends sleep over!"




"I can't take my eye off her or she will take off like a flash! I wish malls had fenced in play areas!"




"But, Mom, this is how ALL the kids wear their hair now!"




I love you, kids!

1 comment:

CallinaP said...

Too cute...and CLEVER!! :)

We miss you too. Lots.